Sunday, December 19, 2010

Triple Dog Dare You



I once read a quote that claimed: “Sometimes the worst advice you can give to a person is ‘be yourself’.” Now, at first I thought it was a completely insane quote and the guy didn’t know what he was talking about. But after I contemplated it for a while, I realized he had a point, because a lot of people don’t know who they are. So telling someone who doesn’t know who they are, to be themselves, is like asking a teacher to teach a potato Algebra 1. In other words: it’s impossible. So what if you told the person to be original? As in being new, fresh, inventive, or one-of-a-kind. Why is it so hard for people these days to be original?


"Very few people are original. There's very little original anything out there. Because to be original means you have to stand alone."
- Susan Powter
 

ALONE.
Sounds scary right?
So take the easy way out and follow people’s shadows.
Go ahead.
I dare you.
Because in the end, I’ll be myself and be doing what I love,
And you’ll still be following those shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment