Saturday, June 19, 2010

Floating

Yesterday morning, on the last day of school, I was sitting on the bus riding to school for the last time for 3 months, listening to "Yellow" by Coldplay. I have these headphones that block out the sound around you so all you can hear is the music, and as I was sitting there, I got this strange feeling. It was like everyone's mouths were moving and I couldn't hear anything but the music. And then I imagined myself floating over the bus so I couldn't feel anything, kind of like being numb. That's when I had this amazing thought:

"Maybe this is how God feels sometimes."

2 comments:

  1. I'm not saying I don't like this thought-I TOTALLY DO! It's just, I think God feels overwhelmed. I mean, faced with everybody's prayers, hopes, dreams, etc., I'd feel pretty freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way. Maybe he does feel overwhelmed! We'll never know...

    ReplyDelete